Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 4: YO. TT.

Down with the pounds continues!

Yesterday's Observations:
  • I had a pretty serious bread craving around 7 PM. Bread is not evil (provided it does not contain food-like substances) and can be part of a healthy diet. At the moment, bread is something I don't have in my Eat. plan this week. Why? It makes me want more bread and I know I'm better off with none versus a little.
  • The Roasted Eggplant with Pomegranate Vinaigrette (courtesy of the WSJ this weekend) was very tasty. I didn't use the chorizo and substituted red onion for the shallot. 
  • I'm getting bored (already) with treadmill running in the mornings. Get outside or seek other options!
Today's Thoughts:
  • I am not a "vegetarian" though I don't normally consume a great deal of animal protein. A few servings a week, on average. This week, I'm concentrating on whole vegetables, fruits and beans. These foods are "easier" on my body (please recognize what is good for me might not be good for you).
  • Is it Friday yet? I plan on enjoying a bit of red wine this weekend. Does red wine fit into a healthy Eat. plan? Yes, if you're aware of the calories and impact on your overall diet. 
  • Must remember to take regular stretch breaks... hips and legs are getting stiff from sitting at the desk too long. 
Now I must get back to work. Have a terrific day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment