Friday, July 16, 2010

Step Away from the Box

It has been a bit of challenge to stop counting how many degrees separate most of what we eat is from their natural state. I'm on the hunt for something more dramatic than the soy milk example. If you have any ideas, email them to me.

In the meantime, I am searching for some food that comes in a box which is less than 5 degrees of separation from nature. Perusing the pantry shelves didn't help. A tour through the grocery store didn't give me any ideas either. Perhaps we should simply ban the box. Or better yet, change what is displayed on a box which claims to contain food.

Perhaps if the box displayed what happened to the "food" to get it into the box, we would make better choices when were at the grocery store.


If the box said this would you drink it? I think not.



No comments:

Post a Comment