Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Danger, step away from the olive oil!

Today's Wall Street Journal has an article about potentially adverse reactions between medications and food with "health-improving" qualities. When I read this article, my first assumption was the article was funded by the pharmaceutical industry. It is in the best interests of their bottom-line, and hence their shareholders, for the American public to eat unhealthy food and need a multitude of prescription drugs to stay alive.

Disclaimer: I am not a physician. Do not stop taking any prescription medication without the advice and support of your physician. The article has a link that lists some common foods and potential drug interactions. If you are taking any prescription drugs, the information is worth reading.

Now for my opinion: This article is not surprising. Many of the foods listed are considered detoxifying. And, after all, what is a prescription drug other than a pile of chemical toxins formed into a pill?

I, for one, would rather explore (with the advice, counsel and support of a qualified professional) what natural food choices I could make to avoid taking toxins in pill form. Perhaps that is just me...

No comments:

Post a Comment