Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Rome Was Built in a Day

Okay, in truth, Rome was built in a series of days. A series of "one day" periods all running together and tada - Rome! It started with one day, however. It started with the one day when someone said, "Hey, let's build the most magnificent city ever!" Then a bunch of other people decided they had nothing better to do on that one very specific day and that was the start of Rome. One day.

What does Rome have to do with Cybercise? A great deal, actually. Many people tell me they don't have time to get to the gym. They don't have time to workout for an hour. They don't have time to get healthy and be well. And, I understand. The irony of starting a wellness company is I have less time for my own exercise and wellness. And, I'm passionate enough about my mission to keep going.

What is my mission? To help each of you (yes, you!) realize starting small is worth everything. Sure, I'd love everyone to workout for an hour every day. And, I know this is unlikely for many. We are parents, we are spouses, we are employees, we volunteer, we supervise the nightly homework and train the dog and make a healthy dinner and do laundry and clean up and.... Egad, who has the time, not to mention the energy, to workout?

And, we each have a little voice inside telling us how much better we'll feel. We like to be in our skinny jeans. We enjoy chasing the kids and not being exhausted. We know, each of us, know that exercise is good for us. And, we also know it is so intimidating.

I'm proposing that we each start with one day. Just one day where you promise to exercise for a mere 10 minutes. Sure, I'd love you to be a Cybercise member and workout with us - we make it so easy for you - join us and follow along. And, I really only ask you to workout for 10 minutes tomorrow. Take a walk for 10 minutes, do some stretching, do some sit-ups. It doesn't matter what you do - do something. Something for you, for your spouse, for your kids and for all of us.

Start small and think big. You're not going to lose 10 pounds tomorrow and you're not going to have six pack abs by the end of the day and the skinny jeans won't fit quite yet. And, they will. They will because you'll be on the road to Rome. You'll be having the one day that made all the difference in the world.

Join me, won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment